The Condominium Model – a centralized system and how it works
–Free to Rutgers community
- Basic level of priority
–Nodes for purchase (by faculty, departments, colleges)
- Have owner priority
- Priority access based on number purchased
- Can preempt non-owners immediately
- Designed to feel as local as possible
- No indirect costs since this is an equipment purchase
–Phase I node configuration:
- 2 x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2680v4 2.4 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14-core processors (28-cores per node)
- 128 GB* of RAM (8 x 16 GB DIMMs)
- 1 TB 7.2K 6 Gbps SATA 2.5” HDD
- GigE and Infiniband EDR (100Gbs) adapters
*Other configurations available, as listed below:
Please contact OARC for node pricing and options. OARC negotiates aggressive pricing with vendors, passing the actual cost to the buyer as closely as it can be calculated. Pricing is subject to change frequently.
–Subsidizing helps keep costs down so researchers can afford more.
- OARC covers costs of racks, network interconnect, systems admin, maintenance, some spare nodes, etc.
–Storage (attached to computing)
- Available for purchase – 1TB project storage included with first node purchased. Additional storage available, currently priced at $150/TB (limited to 10TB per node). Price is subject to change. Support for purchased storage guaranteed for at least four years.
- Home directory and project storage are backed up. High speed scratch is not backed up.
–Hadoop/Spark (Data analytics environment)
-Dedicated allocation requests will be available through a review process
Contact Us: Kristin Lepping, Assistant Director ♦ (848) 445-5140 ♦ email@example.com
Janae Baker, Program Coordinator ♦ (848) 445-5231 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org