The Condominium Model – a centralized system and how it works
–Free to Rutgers community
- Basic level of priority
–Nodes for purchase (by faculty, departments, colleges)
- Have owner priority
- Priority access based on number purchased
- Can preempt non-owners immediately
- Designed to feel as local as possible
- No indirect costs since this is an equipment purchase
–Most recent node configuration (approximately $5,611 without accelerators):
- 2 x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2680v4 2.4 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14-core processors (28-cores per node)
- 128 GB* of RAM (8 x 16 GB DIMMs)
- 1 TB 7.2K 6 Gbps SATA 2.5” HDD
- GigE and Infiniband EDR (100Gbs) adapters
*Other configurations available, as listed below:
128GB Node $5,611
256GB Node $6,717
512GB Node $9,039
–Subsidizing helps keep costs down so researchers can afford more.
- OARC covers costs of racks, network interconnect, systems admin, maintenance, some spare nodes, etc.
–Storage (attached to computing)
- Available for purchase – 1TB project storage included with first node purchased. Additional storage available at $150/TB (limited to 10TB per node). Support for purchased storage guaranteed for at least four years.
- Home directory and project storage are backed up. High speed scratch is not backed up.
–Hadoop/Spark (Data analytics environment)
-Dedicated allocation requests will be available through a review process
Contact Us: Kristin Lepping, Assistant Director ♦ (848) 445-5140 ♦ email@example.com
Janae Baker, Program Coordinator ♦ (848) 445-5231 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org