The Condominium Model – a centralized system and how it works
–Free to Rutgers community
- Basic level of priority
–Nodes for purchase (by faculty, departments, colleges)
- Have owner priority
- Priority access based on number purchased
- Can preempt non-owners immediately
- Designed to feel as local as possible
- No indirect costs since this is an equipment purchase
Expected launch of Phase II is late summer 2018. Procurement is complete and the equipment is in assembly on Piscataway/NB, Newark and Camden campuses. Rutgers’ researchers, departments, and schools can begin purchasing Phase II equipment immediately. Please contact OARC for further details.
–Phase II node configuration:
- 2 x Intel Xeon Skylake 6130, 2.666MHz DDR4 memory, 22MB L3 cache, 16-core processors (32-cores/node)
- 192 GB* of RAM (12 x 16GB DIMMs)
- 240GB SSD on-board drive
- GigE and Infiniband EDR (100Gb/s) adapters
- Supplied by Dell or Lenovo
–Phase I node configuration:
- 2 x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2680v4 2.4 GHz, 35 MB cache, 14-core processors (28-cores/node)
- 128 GB* of RAM (8 x 16 GB DIMMs)
- 1 TB 7.2K 6 Gbps SATA 2.5” HDD
- GigE and Infiniband EDR (100Gbs) adapters
- Supplied by Lenovo
*Please contact us for different configurations (larger memory, special accelerators, etc.)
Please contact OARC for node pricing and options. OARC negotiates aggressive pricing with vendors, passing the actual cost to the buyer as closely as it can be calculated. Pricing is subject to change frequently.
–Subsidizing helps keep costs down so researchers can afford more.
- OARC covers costs of racks, network interconnect, systems admin, maintenance, some spare nodes, etc.
–Storage (attached to computing)
- Available for purchase – 1TB project storage included with first node purchased. Additional storage available; currently priced at $150/TB (limited to 10TB per node). Price subject to change. Support for purchased storage guaranteed for four years.
- Home directory and project storage are backed up. High speed scratch is not backed up.
–Hadoop/Spark (Data analytics environment)
-Dedicated allocation requests will be available through a review process
Kristin Lepping, Director ? (848) 445-5140 ? firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Marshall, Director ? (848) 445-5261 ? email@example.com