The role of the Advanced Computing Infrastructure-Research and Education Facilitators team is:
- Domain area of specialization (usually has PhD)
- Promoting awareness of ACI resources and their usefulness
- Matchmaking of researchers and their needs with appropriate ACI resources, both on campus and beyond
- Consulting with researchers on the integration of ACI resources into their workflow, including the selection of approaches, processes, and tools
- Training and assisting researchers to help them optimally leverage ACI capabilities into the future
- Researching and understanding new ACI resources and capabilities
- Representing the user perspective to ACI service providers to inform short term responsive changes and improvements to ACI resources
- Understanding the evolving ACI needs of the research community, in order to anticipate and advocate for necessary technology advancements in the long term.
- Identifying and matchmaking potential collaborations between researchers based upon common research goals and/or uses of cyberinfrastructure.
- Partnering with staff at other institutions/organizations to promote the sharing of expertise.
- Can, an encouraged to, participate on grants
Meet the Team:
Dr. Les Michelson
Dr. Janet (Yun-Juan) Chang
Dr. Galen Collier
Dr. Peicheng Du
Dr. Vlad Kholodovych
Muhammad Ibrahim Awan
Return to the OARC Team page