- This event has passed.
Intro to Python – Part 2
October 14, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Python is a popular language in academia and industry for developing software and data science applications. Compared to the other generic programming languages like C, C++, or Java, learning Python is relatively easy. This is one of the reasons why Python is preferable as the language of choice to learn a computer program.
This workshop offers practical experience in learning Python, especially for the beginners. By the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to write simple scripts, understand Python modules, and manage packages.
- Explore command line executions vs Jupyter Notebooks
- Understand how to use data structures – variables, lists, and dictionaries
- Construct loops for repeated task executions
- Create functions for reusing code blocks
- Understand Python modules
- Manage and install Python packages
If you have questions or need help, please email Bala Desinghu.
Amarel account: Apply here as soon as possible. You must have an Amarel account set up before the workshop.
VPN setup: You have to be connected on Rutgers’ network or be on VPN to access Amarel resources.